Contract: Full Time 36.25 hours a week (Monday – Friday ONLY)
Position: X2 Warehouse Assistants – Textile Warehouse / hanging donated garments and processing them into storage or for stores.
Reporting to: Warehouse Manager
The role of Warehouse Assistant in our Textile Warehouse is responsible for effectively hanging donated garments onto clothes hangers provided, and pack or place on rails to be sent out to the stores or storage.
TRAID is a UK charity offering an alternative to buying new clothes. We want the world of fashion to work differently, so we’re taking actions to make that happen. As a pioneer in clothing reuse, our aim is to progress the concept of secondhand so that it becomes the first choice for as many people as possible. We do this by collecting, sorting, and re-selling quality clothes, using the income raised to fund good causes and influence real change. TRAID is actively, right now, supporting organic cotton farmers, funding day care centres for garment workers, and saving wearable clothing from landfill.
There are lots of ways to find out more about our work at TRAID, visit our website and social media channels: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- To process/hang donated garments efficiently and effectively.
- To have knowledge of the second-hand market and a strong interest in fashion, labels and brands.
- To be able to grade and categorise shoes into shop and wholesale sellable categories.
- To ensure the operations run smoothly without interruption.
- To process a set daily target of garments.
- To keep accurate records of daily processed goods.
- To ensure working stations are tidy and safe at all times.
- To facilitate moving of trolleys within the sorting operation.
- To be flexible with required tasks.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties which may be considered necessary by your Line Manager.
- To observe TRAID’s policies and procedures, including health and safety policies.
- To be committed to TRAID’s charitable objectives to tackle the problems of clothes.
Skills and Experience:
- A strong knowledge of second-hand market, labels and current fashions and trends.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise.
- Physical stamina
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Good track record of reliability in previous posts.
To apply, please email your CV and a brief intro letter to Enrico Rizzi, TRAID’s People Recruitment and Training Director.