Store Manager, Hammersmith
Contract: Full Time (36.25 hours a week) Fixed Term 6-month Contract
Salary: £30,700 p.a + bonus
Position: Store Manager
Reporting to: Commercial Director / Area Manager
TRAID’s Store Managers are responsible for all aspects of staffing, product, customer satisfaction and creating a great and productive place to work. It is crucial that you have a passion for second-hand clothes, fashion brands and charity retail.
TRAID is ambitious in terms of growth and social and environmental impact. If you want your work life to be purposeful and to contribute to a fairer and more sustainable world, then we would love to hear from you.
TRAID is a UK charity offering an alternative to buying new clothes. We want the world of fashion to work differently, so we’re taking actions to make that happen. As a pioneer in clothing reuse, our aim is to progress the concept of secondhand so that it becomes the first choice for as many people as possible. We do this by collecting, sorting, and re-selling quality clothes, using the income raised to fund good causes and influence real change. TRAID is actively, right now, supporting organic cotton farmers, funding day care centres for garment workers, and saving wearable clothing from landfill.
There are lots of ways to find out more about our work at TRAID, visit our website and social media channels: Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter
- Creating a great place for people to work and shop
- Everything shop staff related, from recruiting and training assistant managers, sales assistants and volunteers, arranging rotas, etc
- Overseeing product – from selecting items at TRAID’s warehouse, fulfilling quotas, to perfect shop floor prices and display
- Ensuring TRAID has the best second-hand and charity shop clothes on the high street
- Supporting and training staff to give the best customer service in sometimes challenging circumstances
- Hitting and setting new retail targets
- Overseeing product – from selecting clothing at TRAID’s warehouse, delivery quotas, to the pricing and merchandising of TRAID clothing
- Working with the Marketing and Communications team on impactful new ideas and initiatives that support TRAID’s values
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Management experience in busy retail outlet
- Commercially aware, with a record of achieving great sales targets
- A passion for second-hand retail and solid knowledge of the market
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to mentor staff and promote a team-working environment
- Knowledge and love of fashion and trends
Employee Benefits at TRAID
- Staff discount
- Bonus scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
To apply, please email your CV and a brief intro letter to Enrico Rizzi, TRAID’s People Recruitment and Training Director.