Location: Westfield, Shepherd’s Bush
Contract: Fixed Term (November 2023 – end of February 2024)
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Position: Store Manager
Employer: Charity Super.Mkt
We’re seeking a Store Manager with immediate availability at the Charity Super.Mkt – a multi-charity pop-up shop at it’s next pop-up location in Westfield Shopping Centre, Shepherd’s Bush, London.
We are looking for recruits who want a job with real purpose, who love retail, fashion, and want to work in charity and second-hand clothing. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for retail management, we would love to hear from you. Sell clothes, have fun and do good!
- Oversee the daily operations of the store, including opening and closing, sales, customer service, sorting through customer donations, rotas and brand management.
- Ensure the store is opened promptly and closed in line with expectations.
- Support Charity partners and their employees in the venture.
- Work with CSM’s Head of Retail and Charity Retail Managers to implement strategies which drive sales and meet store targets.
- Train and supervise employees of Charity partners in systems, safety and store operations, providing guidance and support as needed.
- Maintain and work to exceed customer and company expectations where store standards are concerned.
- Ensure the store is clean (mirrors and glass are clean, no dust or stains on flooring), front and back of house are kept organised, well stocked, visual guidelines adhered to where applicable, all walkways kept clean and clear of rails and stock, music from CSM playlists is streamed at all times when DJs are not playing, and work with Head of Retail and Charity Retail Managers to address any stock shortages.
- Process and sort all customer donations, separating sellable goods from items which are not in a sellable condition.
- Hang, price and display sellable items, regularly replenishing Charity Super.Mkt stock and actively working to develop and grow sales of Charity Super.Mkt stock.
- Handle customer inquiries, complaints, and escalations in a calm, professional manner.
- Monitor market trends and competitor activities to stay informed about industry developments.
- Manage administrative tasks such as scheduling, sales, and till reporting. Keeping sufficient change in the tills and a sufficient stock of till rolls.
- In-conjunction with the charities, set rotas for manning tills and changing rooms.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment for both charity employees and customers.
- Manage DJ’s and DJ Schedules.
- Work with the Head of Retail to adhere to all Health & Safety requirements and training of staff on compliance.
- Implement and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Hands on!
- Experience in stock management is preferable.
- Knowledge of market trends and customer preferences.
- Strong communication and organisational skills
TRAID is a UK charity offering an alternative to buying new clothes. We want the world of fashion to work differently, so we’re taking actions to make that happen. As a pioneer in clothing reuse, our aim is to progress the concept of secondhand so that it becomes the first choice for as many people as possible. We do this by collecting, sorting, and re-selling quality clothes, using the income raised to fund good causes and influence real change. TRAID is actively, right now, supporting organic cotton farmers, funding day care centres for garment workers, and saving wearable clothing from landfill.
To apply, please email your CV and a brief intro letter to Enrico Rizzi, TRAID’s People Recruitment and Training Director.