Textile Recycling Bank Support Manager Vacancy
Textile Recycling Bank Support Manager, Full-time
- Salary: £25,000
- Reports to: Recycling Development Manager
- Location: London, Wembley
TRAID (Textile Reuse & International Development), is a UK charity working for nearly 20-years to tackle and solve the problems caused by producing, consuming and disposing of clothes. Keeping clothes in use for longer is the core of our work. We do this by providing convenient ways for the public to reuse clothes and delivering education to people of all ages to raise awareness of the powerful benefits of reducing our clothing footprint.TRAID completes the circle by committing the funds raised by reusing clothing to global projects benefiting the people and places making our clothes.
The primary role of the Textile Recycling Bank Support Manager is to fulfil one of TRAID’s three charitable objectives, the protection of the environment through maintaining and expanding upon TRAID’s recycling banks and their public use.
You will pro-actively liaise with existing site holders, ensuring that these critical stakeholders are kept up to date and motivated with TRAID news, environmental impacts, campaigns and in-house materials.
You will also be responsible for driving more public footfall to TRAID textile recycling banks by ensuring that local communities are aware of their location and the charitable and environmental purpose these facilities serve.
Alongside the Recycling Development Manager, you will work with and build relationships with multi stakeholders including Local Authorities, schools, businesses and commercial organisations to retain and expand TRAID’s textile bank network.
This post is responsible for maximising the opportunities of TRAID textile recycling banks to increase yields and to continually improve the service we offer to the UK public. Textile banks are part of a highly competitive market, where reputation, service and relationship building are critical to expansion.
- The retention and expansion of TRAID’s textile recycling banks
- Communication and relationship building with new and existing stakeholders
- Increasing tonnage of donated clothing through TRAID textile banks
- Communicate back to your line manager the barriers of increasing banks and their usage
- Keep up to date with the environmental impacts of clothing, conveying this knowledge to all stakeholders
- In conjunction with Communications to manage TRAID branding and marketing of its textile recycling banks
- To be one of TRAID’s external representative in the textile environmental and recycling industry
- To analyse TRAID data to effectively monitor and report on bank performance
- Proven ability to support expanding a business area, increasing productivity
- Proven to possess impeccable net-working skills, building strong relations
- Proven communications skills both written and face-to-face
- Knowledge of recycling industry
- UK Driving license
To apply, please send your CV by email to TRAID’s HR and Volunteer Manager Rodrigo Flores by Tuesday 23rd April, by 10am.