Wanted – Secondhandfirst Activists
TRAID depends on donations of unwanted clothes to sustain our work. We want to increase the volume of donations coming into our shops by talking to our customers directly when they are in-store.
Part-time Freelance Basis / £15 per hour / At various locations in London in TRAID charity shops
We are looking for bright and friendly people to spend a few hours per week in our charity shops during busy times to encourage and remind customers to donate their unwanted clothes to TRAID, and to talk broadly about our environmental work and the global projects we fund. You will need to be a confident communicator, interested in sustainability and willing to learn more about the powerful environmental benefits of second-hand so you can talk to our customers clearly and persuasively. You will receive training, continued support and all the tools and materials required for the role.
- Prompting customers to donate unwanted clothes to their local TRAID charity shop, or to use our free home collection service
- Talking to customers about TRAID’s environmental work, the projects we fund and volunteering opportunities
- Signing up customers to Gift Aid
- Signing up customers to the charity’s monthly e-newsletter
- Asking customers to take the #Secondhandfirst Pledge and to follow / like us on social media
- Giving customers take home information including the Guide to TRAID, home collections leaflet and volunteering leaflet
- Using tools provided by TRAID (for example, an Ipad) to communicate with customers
- Answering any questions customers may have about TRAID
- Recording the number of people you engage with and feeding back to TRAID
- Excellent communication skills
- The confidence to approach and speak to TRAID customers
- An interest in sustainable fashion
- Good administration skills
- Good time keeping
- Self-motivated although you will very much be part of the shop team while you are in-store
Email TRAID with your CV and a short covering letter.