Charity Shop Manager, Brixton
- Full-time Shop Manager
- Based in Brixton, SW2
- £29,580 p/a plus performance related bonus
TRAID is looking a shop manger for our charity shop based in Brixton, SW2. You will be responsible for leading the successful running of a vibrant busy charity shop and supporting the shop team to deliver great customer service and strong sales in a fast paced retail environment.
TRAID is a UK registered charity (297489) working to tackle and solve the environmental damage and social injustices caused by making, consuming and disposing our clothes. We are the only charity in the UK dedicated to the collection and reuse of unwanted clothes. The money we raise by reusing and reselling the clothes people no longer want, use or need, are committed to projects around the world stopping exploitation and environmental degradation in the supply chains making our clothes. We are a London Living Wage Employer.
- Managing shop performance and staff
- Responsible for meeting shop budgets by ensuring maximum profitability is maintained
- To ensure shop stock is sold at its full potential which requires regular liaison with TRAID’s sorting department
- To work with HR to recruit and support shop staff to deliver strong sales and great customer service
- Using local community initiatives to promote the charity shop and increase its customer base, second-hand purchases and donations
- To attend regular meetings and training
- Adhere to TRAID’s policies and procedures, from HR to Health and Safety
- To undertake any other reasonable duties which may be considered necessary by your Line Manager
- Be committed to TRAID’s charitable objectives across the environment, education and international development.
Skills and experience
- Experience in a supervisory or management capacity
- A good understanding of second-hand retail and the market
- Knowledge and love of fashion and trends
- Strong communications skills
- An ability to mentor staff and promote a team working environment
- A track record of meeting sales targets
- Ability to work creatively using initiative and flair
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to Rodrigo Flores, HR Manager.