Casual Worker, Charity Sales Assistant
Location: London, multiple locations
Contract: Zero hour
Salary: £11.95 p/h
Position: Casual Worker, Charity Sales Assistant
Reporting to: Shop Manager
TRAID is looking for motivated Casual Worker Sale Assistant who wants a job with real purpose, who loves retail, fashion, and wants to work in charity and secondhand clothing. In this role, you will assist with the day-to-day running of the shop, providing great customer service, driving sales, pricing products and merchandising.
TRAID shops are busy stores that need vibrant people who can deal with high volumes of customers and keep our shop floors constantly stocked. Behind the scenes, TRAID store teams also hang, tag and price large deliveries of clothes that come from our central warehouse.
TRAID is a UK charity offering an alternative to buying new clothes. We want the world of fashion to work differently, so we’re taking actions to make that happen. As a pioneer in clothing reuse, our aim is to progress the concept of secondhand so that it becomes the first choice for as many people as possible. We do this by collecting, sorting, and re-selling quality clothes, using the income raised to fund good causes and influence real change. TRAID is actively, right now, supporting organic cotton farmers, funding day care centres for garment workers, and saving wearable clothing from landfill.
There are lots of ways to find out more about our work at TRAID, visit our website and social media channels: Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter
- Provide TRAID customers with excellent service and the best in-store experience
- Ensure the smooth operational running of the shop
- Process the weekly delivery and keep the shop floor stocked
- Be a shop cashier and balance the till at the end of the day
- Implement and process Gift Aid donations
- Be responsible for the store in the Manager’s absence
- Be a brand ambassador for TRAID
- Has a passion for secondhand clothing, with a strong interest in fashion and knowledge of brands
- Enjoys collaborating and working as part of a team
- Has stamina to work in an incredibly busy retail store
- Has a good track record of reliability in previous posts, with previous customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills
- A creative thinker, who uses their initiative to find the best possible solution in every situation
- Willing to be flexible with hours and working days
To apply, please email your CV and a brief intro letter to Enrico Rizzi, TRAID’s People Recruitment and Training Director.