- TRAID is looking for a full-time BookSorter
- Based at our warehouse in Wembley
- Salary £19,200 per year
- Ability to grade books into shop saleable, online retail and recycling.
- Ability to process a set daily target of books.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible with required tasks.
- Ensure that TRAID’s donated product is handled efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure accurate recording of date processed.
- Observe TRAID’s policies and procedures, including health and safety policies.
- To be a punctual and committed staff member.
- Be committed to TRAID’s charitable objectives across the environment, education and international development.
- Good track record of reliability in previous posts.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Physical stamina.
TRAID is a UK registered charity (297489) working to tackle and solve the environmental damage and social injustices caused by making, consuming and disposing our clothes. We are the only charity in the UK dedicated to the collection and reuse of unwanted clothes.
Every year, TRAID stop thousands of tonnes of wearable clothes from being thrown away or wasted. We collect clothing via our free home collections service, a UK-wide network of clothes reuse banks and over the counter in our 11 charity shops in London. The clothes collected by TRAID are then hand sorted at our warehouse in Wembley and dispatched to our charity shops for resale.
The money we raise by reusing and reselling the clothes people no longer want, use or need, are committed to projects around the world stopping exploitation and environmental degradation in the supply chains making our clothes.
The role of Sorter Grader is responsible for grading and sorting donations of clothes, shoes and other goods to be distributed to TRAID’s charity shops, and reports to the Sorting Supervisor.
Skills and experience
To apply, please email your CV and a short covering letter to the Logistics and Operations Manager Roberto Clemente.